[comp.sys.mac] Mac SIMMs: Prices going up substantially on June 6...

mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (05/09/88)

Get your orders in quick!  The price of Apple's SIMMs for the Mac are
scheduled to rise substantially as of June 6.  Apple is now claiming
that they will not be able to deliver orders that are made now until
September.  I hope no one minds the wait.  I guess we just won't use
MultiFinder until then.

Michael Niehaus
UUCP: ..!{uunet,pur-ee,iuvax}!bsu-cs!mithomas

matthew@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (73550000) (05/10/88)

In article <2939@bsu-cs.UUCP> mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>Get your orders in quick!  The price of Apple's SIMMs for the Mac are
>scheduled to rise substantially as of June 6.  Apple is now claiming
>that they will not be able to deliver orders that are made now until
>September.  I hope no one minds the wait.  I guess we just won't use
>MultiFinder until then.
>
>Michael Niehaus
>UUCP: ..!{uunet,pur-ee,iuvax}!bsu-cs!mithomas

I wouldn't believe the September part for a second,... unless you are
an A/UX customer.* I'm still waiting for RAM that was ordered in the
November/December 1987 period. It's still not here,... therefore,...
RAM ordered now won't be here until next December.

* sure is interesting how Apple can ship 4 and 8 Meg A/UX boxes, and
 not have enough RAM for the paying customers :-(