[comp.sys.mac] color use

ee154aby@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Grobbins) (05/10/88)

In article <AWVSBOy00W0b4=I080@andrew.cmu.edu> jk3t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan King) writes:
>...I would like to point out that Apple has recently
>been running ads in InfoWorld ...  The accompanying screen
>shots look like something out of PC hell.  I mean we're talking *really*
>kandy-Kolored here:  deep purple desktop, fru-fru fuscia scroll bars...

Recall that Apple's own human interface guidelines urge that the user
interface, in general all controls (with logical exceptions), be left
black and white to avoid detracting from the content regions of
windows.  Good advice, really.

Grobbins     grobbins@ucsd.edu

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (05/12/88)

>3.  Apple's windowing system is by no means the ultimate example of
>beauty, correctness, ease-of-use, user-friendliness or parsimony of
>operating effort.  Pop-up menus are superior to pull-down menus, and
>pie-chart menus may be superior to rectangular-list menus.
>Window-specific menus are better than screen-global menus.  And
>three-button mice are superior to one-button mice.

Boo!

-Ted