[comp.sys.mac] Function key support

steele@unc.cs.unc.edu (Oliver Steele) (05/13/88)

[follow-ups to comp.sys.mac]

Tim Zickus@udel.EDU (Tim Zickus) writes:
>I also heard that the new version of MF will support the function keys...
>is this just a dream?

According to one of the recent MacWeeklies (past month or so; my time
sense go sphflatz during finals) there's a primitive macro facility
with the next system software release, which will certainly support key
bindings for those dead keys.

You can also use the SaratogaKeys INIT (init-saratoga.hqx at Sumex;
sorry, I can't mail it to people (no, it's not mine)).  And QuicKeys is
worth looking at (Sumex: demo-quickeys-cdev.hqx).

> __________  zickus@udel.edu    ->"It's named the Bozo bit, after the
>   /  .      U of DelaWHERE?    |  Apple programmer who came up with it."
> /  / / | |  Python Datasystems |       - "Macintosh Revealed", vol. 2

 \-->Other version (apocryphal?):  it was an attempt at a simple copy
     protection technique.  "Bozo noClone."

 Oliver Steele					  ...!decnet!mcnc!unc!steele
 UNC-CH							   steele@cs.unc.edu

 "We made it structured, and now it doesn't work." -- Brice Tebbs