[comp.sys.mac] Stepping Out II

jkm@linus.UUCP (Jonathan K. Millen) (05/12/88)

The publishers of Stepping Out II, Berkeley System Design, did
something right.  Their upgrade to II made some improvements,
notably keeping the menu bar fixed at the top of the screen, but
there is also an unadvertised change; it is now compatible with
MS BASIC.  (Previously, the LIST window was garbled.)  I had
sent them a letter complaining about that a while ago, and they
sent a response recently thanking me for the information and
telling me it was fixed.  (I have the upgrade, and it is fixed.)
It's nice to find that they cared.

Jonathan Millen
--------
I have no relation to Berkeley System Design except as a satisfied
customer.

gregl@ozvax.TEK.COM (Greg Lacefield) (05/18/88)

In article <31711@linus.UUCP> jkm@linus.UUCP (Jonathan K. Millen) writes:
>The publishers of Stepping Out II, Berkeley System Design, did
>something right.  Their upgrade to II made some improvements,
>notably keeping the menu bar fixed at the top of the screen, but
>there is also an unadvertised change; it is now compatible with
>MS BASIC.

Another BIG improvement over the original is the fact that menu, dialog,
and window draws, undraws, and redraws occur without much (if any) perceptual
difference in speed vs. a system running without SO II.  In the old version,
the draws appeared noticeably (several seconds) delayed.

Kudos to BSD!!!  :^)

Greg Lacefield
gregl@ozvax.gwd.tek.COM
...!tektronix!ozvax!gregl