[comp.sys.mac] 1MB SIMMs

) (05/21/88)

Well,

  I just called the friendly Apple dealer where I got my computer.

  Apple has apparently raised prices on their SIMMs to $850 (from $599),
as of about two weeks ago.

  All of you thinking about memory upgrades...  well, now you have something
new to think about.  :-).

  The dealer estimated it would be about a year before the prices decline
to the $600 level again.

  I don't know about you, but I'm feeling very depressed.

Rich

      //===\\ (=====) ((====\  //    // (=====)  ((=====  ::    MOTTO:
     //    ))   //    //      //    //    //    //       ::
    //===//    //    //      //====//    //    //=====  ::   No Matter Where
   //   \\    //    //      //    //    //    //       ::   You Go, There
  //    \\ (=====) ((====/ //    //  (=====) ((=====  ::   You Are!!

landman%hanami@Sun.COM (Howard A. Landman) (05/24/88)

In article <8805202101.AA12217@decwrl.dec.com> long@mosaic.dec.com (Now HE will ask the questions!) writes:
>  Apple has apparently raised prices on their SIMMs to $850 (from $599),
>as of about two weeks ago.
>
>  The dealer estimated it would be about a year before the prices decline
>to the $600 level again.

Fry's is still advertising Toshiba 100nS 9-chip 1 MB SIMMs for $549.
These are overkill but should work in a Plus, SE, or II.  In fact, they
should probably still work in whatever Apple comes out with next (like a
68030 Mac)!  The ads appear in the Sunday issue of the San Jose Mercury.

Isn't the Apple price for a *PAIR* of SIMMs?

	Howard A. Landman
	landman@hanami.sun.com
	UUCP: sun!hanami!landman