[comp.sys.mac] Excel on a MacII

sorensen@hstbme.mit.edu (A. Gregory Sorensen) (05/25/88)

I have tried getting Excel to run on my MacII here at work.  My own
version 1.00 as well as a friend's version 1.04 crash if I do things
like try to open and close three charts in a row, or if I try
to use the Saviour Desk Accessory, etc.  I get "Sorry..."
messages a lot -- lots of rebooting.  Same thing happen's with my
friend's version on his MacII.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Greg Sorensen

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (05/26/88)

in message:Message-ID: <5496@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> writes

about having problems with Excel 1.0 and 1.04 crashing on the Mac II. You need
to get 1.05 which is Mac II compatible.

ric@arizona.edu (Ric Anderson) (05/26/88)

I had a similar problem.  I called Microsoft and they sent me an
update to 1.06 which seems to have stopped most of the strangenesses.

dorourke@polyslo.UUCP (David O'Rourke) (05/26/88)

In article <5496@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> sorensen@hstbme.mit.edu.UUCP (A. Gregory Sorensen) writes:

>I have tried getting Excel to run on my MacII here at work.  My own
>version 1.00 as well as a friend's version 1.04 crash if I do things

  The lastest version is 1.06.  Although I don't know if it fixes your
problem I've been lead to believe that it runs better on a Mac II than
previous versions.

--
David M. O'Rourke

Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!