[comp.sys.mac] snd->SoundWave?

shulman@slb-sdr.UUCP (Jeff Shulman) (05/25/88)

I know there are plenty of utilities to take sound files and turn them into
snd resources.  Is there anything that will do the reverse?  I have many
sounds in snd format but since CDEV's like SoundMaster want them as files.
It would also be nice if it didn't matter whether they were snd type 1 or
2 (though I recall System 6.0 patches _SndPly to work with either type).

                                                        Jeff
--
uucp:     ...rutgers!yale!slb-sdr!shulman
CSNet:    SHULMAN@SDR.SLB.COM

cnc@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Chris Christensen) (05/26/88)

> I know there are plenty of utilities to take sound files and turn them into
> snd resources.  Is there anything that will do the reverse?

I believe that the recently posted SoundLeech can do this.

cooper@odin.ucsd.edu (Ken Cooper) (05/27/88)

In article <494@slb-sdr.UUCP> shulman@slb-sdr.UUCP (Jeff Shulman) writes:
>I know there are plenty of utilities to take sound files and turn them into
>snd resources.  Is there anything that will do the reverse?  I have many
>sounds in snd format but since CDEV's like SoundMaster want them as files.
>It would also be nice if it didn't matter whether they were snd type 1 or
>2 (though I recall System 6.0 patches _SndPly to work with either type).

There is a utility called SoundLeech that does this. I know it's available on
Compu$erve, but may be somewhere else.

Ken Cooper

ARPA:			cooper%cs@ucsd.edu
UUCP:			...!ucsd!sdcsvax!cooper
COMPUSERVE:		71571,407

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (05/27/88)

In article <494@slb-sdr.UUCP>, shulman@slb-sdr.UUCP (Jeff Shulman) writes:
> I know there are plenty of utilities to take sound files and turn them into
> snd resources.  Is there anything that will do the reverse?  I have many
> sounds in snd format but since CDEV's like SoundMaster want them as files.
> It would also be nice if it didn't matter whether they were snd type 1 or
> 2 (though I recall System 6.0 patches _SndPly to work with either type).

This is precisely what Sound Leech does.  It seems to work quite well.  I just
got 1.0 from CI$ and 0.80 just flew past on comp.binaries.mac.

Dennis Cohen
Ashton-Tate Macintosh Division
dBASE Mac Development Team
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _mine_ (unless directly
	attributed)!