[comp.sys.mac] The New System/Finder etc...

rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) (05/25/88)

Earlier I heard that Apple had released a new System/Finder.  Is this
report true and if so has anyone had a chance to use it yet.  It has
not reached us here at Dartmouth yet and I would like to know what some
of the differences are.

R. Scott V. Paterson
Kiewit Computation Center                 rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Systems Operator                          rsvp@dartcms1.bitnet
Dartmouth College

ossian1@pnet06.cts.com (James A. Von Schmacht) (05/27/88)

We just got our developer's version of System Software Version 6.0 (Finder
6.1, Multifinder 6.0, System 6.0).  One immediate bug: The second Utilities
disk is an exact copy (even down to the volume name) of Utilities disk #1.
Oops...just when you thought it was safe to use disk duplication again..

Jim von Schmacht
President,
Ossian Productions
Disclaimer:  It's good to be the King.

UUCP: {crash uunet}!pnet06!ossian1
ARPA: crash!pnet06!ossian1@nosc.mil
INET: ossian1@pnet06.cts.com

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (05/28/88)

In article <199@hodge.UUCP> ossian1@pnet06.cts.com (James A. Von Schmacht) writes:
>We just got our developer's version of System Software Version 6.0 (Finder
>6.1, Multifinder 6.0, System 6.0).  One immediate bug: The second Utilities
>disk is an exact copy (even down to the volume name) of Utilities disk #1.

ditto. Us too!

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu