[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite Professional -- changes between demo and release

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (06/01/88)

In article <54660@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>Chuq Von Rospach recently posted about not making comments based on the
>>MacWorld demo version, stating that the released version has "many enhancements
>>and improvements".  Could someone (maybe Chuq) post a synopsis of what those
>>are?  Might be useful for those of us still trying to decide.
>
>Well, I didn't use the demo version a LOT, so I'm going to miss some stuff,
>but here's a first cut on what I see as differences.
>
> [Several accurate observations of FW changes between demos and released]
>
>That's off the top of my head. Someone who worked with the demo version more
>(Jeff?) can probably add to it. The big things are stability and bugfixing.
>Fullwrite Pro is very solid -- I haven't crashed it yet. In fact, I've
>crashed Word 3.01, the BugFix version, more than I've crashed FullWrite.
>And I generally do things that bring Word Processors to their knees,
>especially if the memory management isn't quite up to snuff.

Basically, I think Chuq hit most of the changes -- certainly the ones I
would have listed right off, and his emphasis is exactly right, it's a solid
product now.  I'm fairly sure that some changes were made page setup/doc
setup/something with margins, but I'm frankly not going to try to dredge up
the demo (from the bowels of some 3M tape I've got laying around) to check.

By the way, found a rather obscure bug in the released version the other
day.  If you save a document as "Text with Carriage Returns", most lines
have an extra space at the beginning of the line.  Slightly annoying, though
not much of a hassle to me -- a button-click in McSink or Emacs takes care
of this.  Still, for people writing for electronic mediums, it needs to be
fixed (and I'm sure it will be).

                        "Let the meek inherit the earth -- they have it
                         coming to them."
                                            -- James Thurber
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...