[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite Draw

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (06/02/88)

In article <54734@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>  I think I'll start a slight controversy, if Ashton Tate needs to dump
>>something to get the memory requirement down.  How about the Picture
>>drawing enviroment.  I'd rather use a "real" drawing enviroment anyways.
>>Comments, anyone just absolutly in love with FWP drawing enviroment. I'm
>>not.  The rest of the program is very very good, but the drawing enviroment
>>might be a good canidate for axing.
>
>I tend to agree. I have SuperPaint (looking forward to SuperPaint II with
>autotrace) and Freehand on my disk. Between the two, I can usually do what I
>want without the draw environment.

The reason I'm tending to use the draw module in FullWrite -- FOR FullWrite
documents -- is that I've had problems when importing non-bitmap PICT images
from SuperPaint into Word (haven't tried it in FullWrite yet).  Especially
with lines where the line of unequal "thickess" (i.e. where the line
thickness indicator on SuperPaint has the left and right pointers pointing
to different thicknesses).  I had some really difficult problems importing
SuperPaint draw images into Word, and it was quite a hassle at the time.
Bitmap images, however, have never been a problem (neat thing about
FullWrite: you can pick which bitmap images you want smoothed at printing,
and which you don't).  Thus, the drawing module has been help in that
respect.  I admit, SuperPaint *should* be adequate, but... harsh reality.

PS MacWeek's excellent MacInTouch column (something of value there every
   week) pointed out a temporary fix to OnCue not working with FullWrite --
   set the option on OnCue which makes the menu pop up when the cursor goes
   over the corner automatically.  This needs to be fixed eventually,
   though... (Yah, yah, I fixed Pyro! so that the "darken now is in the
   lower-right hand corner...)

                                "Yes!  The Animals!  Possibly the greatest
                                 band ever.  Possibly not."
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...