[comp.sys.mac] Soundmaster size

mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (05/31/88)

I recently installed the soundmaster cdev on my plus and II and I think it
is great.  I have since removed it from the plus because it takes up 130K
of ram.  This seems very high, can anyone confirm this/ and or explain why?

Mark Interrante   		Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
The sky clenched, a mountain of mud convulsed, earth and sky bellowed at each
other, there was a horrible pinkness, a sudden greenness, a lingering
orangeness that strained the clouds, and then the light sank and the night at
last was deeply, hideously dark. --- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

dorourke@polyslo.UUCP (David O'Rourke) (06/01/88)

In article <15823@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>I recently installed the soundmaster cdev on my plus and II and I think it
>is great.  I have since removed it from the plus because it takes up 130K
>of ram.  This seems very high, can anyone confirm this/ and or explain why?

It has to store the Digitized sounds somewhere, so it put's them in RAM.  Try
it with different sound files and you'll find that it takes up different
amounts of RAM depending on: How Many, and How Large the sound files are.

--
David M. O'Rourke

Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (06/03/88)

>>I recently installed the soundmaster cdev on my plus and II and I think it
>>is great.  I have since removed it from the plus because it takes up 130K

The soundmaster cdev never made it here. Would someone care to send it to
me? Much appreciated.

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121