[comp.sys.mac] menu conflict with On-Cue, HFS Navigator & Popkeys

flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU (06/02/88)

Based on recent recommendations, I just got & installed On-Cue & HFS
Navigator.  I already have popkeys installed, and I have Pyro.  There
seems to be a popup menu activation conflict.

Pyro & On-Cue both want the upper right hand corner as an activation
location.  Since Pyro is configurable, that was easy, I just moved
Pyro's activation corner.

Previously the upper left corner was the Popkeys activation location.
Now the upper left corner activates the On-Cue menu.  I've tried
combinations with shift, control, option, command keys but On-Cue is
what I get:

1) How can I get on-cue to activate only at the upper right, or how
can I get popkeys to activate another way?

Next, HFS navigator patches the open file dialog box.  Clicking on
folder name with option provides the original heirarchical file
display.  Clicking on the folder name with command is supposed to
bring up a command menu for HFS Navigator that has things such as find
file, new folder, etc.  However, now it gives me the lost PopKeys
menu.

2)  How can I get the HFS Navigator command menu to pop up?

An interim solution I think would be to remove popkeys, but I actually
use a few of them so would like to keep that functionality.

thanks,
Margot Flowers   Flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU   ...!{ucbvax|ihnp4}!ucla-cs!flowers

flowers@lanai.cs.ucla.edu (Margot Flowers) (06/02/88)

In article <13002@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> I write:
>1) How can I get on-cue to activate only at the upper right, or how
>can I get popkeys to activate another way?

Well, I just found the right option box for On-Cue to uncheck, which
answers 1).  2) is still a problem:

>2)  How can I get the HFS Navigator command menu to pop up instead of
the PopKeys menu with command-click in the open file box?

thanks again,
Margot Flowers   Flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU   ...!{ucbvax|ihnp4}!ucla-cs!flowers

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/03/88)

In article <13002@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> flowers@CS.UCLA.EDU () writes:
>Next, HFS navigator patches the open file dialog box.  Clicking on
>folder name with option provides the original heirarchical file
>display.  Clicking on the folder name with command is supposed to
>bring up a command menu for HFS Navigator that has things such as find
>file, new folder, etc.  However, now it gives me the lost PopKeys
>menu.
>
>2)  How can I get the HFS Navigator command menu to pop up?

	I don't have PopKeys, but I used to use it, and if I remembe,
it's possible to change the activation region for PopKeys and to change the
key combination required to bring it up. If you have the proper utility
to do so, it should solve your problem.

	Alternatively, you can use ResEdit to put Command-key equivalents
into HFS Navigator's command menu, then you won't need to pop it at all.
This should serve until you get the rest of the details ironed out...

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
THINK Technologies

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (06/03/88)

> An interim solution I think would be to remove popkeys, but I actually
> use a few of them so would like to keep that functionality.

What is popkeys? I've never heard of it.

Actually, I've had similar problems with Popit! To bring up the Popit!
menu, you have to hold down cmd-shift and click. Cmd-shift is used for
many things in Word. I frequently do things like cmd-shift-> (increase
font size) several times in a row. Word should each increase as you do
the command--you don't have to release cmd-shift each time. With Popit!
installed, it grabs the cmd-shift and doesn't let word have them until
release them. This is annoying and Popit! can't be configured to use
different modifier keys to bring it up. Any solutions?

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121