[comp.sys.mac] Spoolers for the Mac

Richard_Vernon_Ford@cup.portal.com (06/02/88)

I have also used LaserSpeed/TOPS Spool (They're the same thing!) and found
it to work well.  I haven't compared the two head to head to recommend one
versus the other.  Tops Spool came when I bought TOPS, SuperLaserSpool when
I bought a Dataframe hard disk.  The current verson of SLS doesn't run on
a Mac II, but I understand SuperMac is preparing a new version that solves
these problems.

-Richard

richard_vernon_ford@cup.portal.com

PS:  Current versions of both packages have problems with version 5.0 of the
Laserwriter drivers.  Using version 4 solves them.

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/05/88)

In article <6146@cup.portal.com> Richard_Vernon_Ford@cup.portal.com writes:
>PS:  Current versions of both packages have problems with version 5.0 of the
>Laserwriter drivers.  Using version 4 solves them.

	Not quite correct; version 1.6 of LaserSpeed does work with version
5.0 of the LaserWriter drivers, and is coexistent with Apple's background
printing scheme; if you turn on background printing in the Chooser,
LaserSpeed won't spool until you turn it off again...

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
THINK Technologies

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305