[comp.sys.mac] Dongles

crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) (06/06/88)

DDoes anyone know of a manufacturer that sells hardware locks to protect
software.    I know it's a NASTY thing to do,   but a friend of mine has
been bugging me for weeks to post this query to the Networks.

John Draper

Email:  ihnp4!ptsfa!well!crunch

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (06/07/88)

In article <6179@well.UUCP> crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) writes:

>DDoes anyone know of a manufacturer that sells hardware locks to protect
>software.    I know it's a NASTY thing to do,   but a friend of mine has
>been bugging me for weeks to post this query to the Networks.

   No, but heres how to make one:
      Get a pal and connect various lines to various lines on the serial port.
(PAL=programmable array logic). Make lines go high or low and read what you
get back.
   Pierce

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu     Race For Space Grand Prize Winner.
   Useless Advice #986: Never sit on a Tack.