[comp.sys.mac] Trying to find where to purchas

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (06/10/88)

jmunkki@santra.HUT.FI(Juri Munkki) writes in comp.sys.mac

>In article <54735@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>Fedit+ is commercial softwar,e and last time I looked ComputerWare in Palo
>>Alto carried it.
>
>I still use FEdit+ and even got it from ComputerWare a few months ago, but
>I am sorry to say that FEdit still looks like shareware and hasn't been
>updated in more than a year.
>
>Unless MacSnoop catches FEdit or someone writes FullFEdit, we'll have to
>do our binary patches with FEdit or ResEdit...

	Another option is part of the new Symantec Utilities Mac (SUM) package
is a program which is similar to FEdit or MacSnoop.  I have only used it for a
short period of time (trying it out) and it seems to work quite well.  It is
not as full featured as FEdit(+), but it does support multiple windows!! All
of the standard features that one would want are there, but it does seem to be
missing things like creating new files and writing out data to them (but I
guess you could do that using Cut/Copy/Paste!)   Not having sopent that much
time with it, I will hold off on other comments rather than putting my feet
into my mouth.

+                                 +  Any thing I say may be taken as  +
+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +                                   +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +                                   +