[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite Outliner

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (06/10/88)

In article <5013@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> cooper@odin.ucsd.edu.UUCP (Ken Cooper) writes:
>In reference to outlining in FullWrite, I have one complaint. My interpretation
>of outlines may be false, but I was expecting a skeletal outlining facility,
>i.e. a system which allowed one to gradually work from a rough skeleton of
>key phrases to a working document. This would require of course that the
>skeletal phrases themselves could be eliminated when appropriate.  FullWrite's
>outlining seems to be more of a free form enumerating system. Word 3.0.2
>has the facilities I mentioned above; is there a simple way to coerce
>FullWrite into the same behavior?

I use the outliner in exactly the way you do; after building the doucment
around the outlined phrases, I want to get rid of the phrases.  In most
cases, I've used the "Flatten" option, which eliminates all but the
high-level phrases (which is what I usually want for an article).  I believe
there's a way to get rid of *all* of the outline phrases, but I haven't had
occasion to try it out.

I'd give the Flatten option a shot (it's under the Outline menu).

                        Sample Error Message from DEC's RSTS OS for the
                        PDP-11:
                                "UNIBUS TIMEOUT FATAL TRAP PROGRAM LOST SORRY"
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...