[comp.sys.mac] ".sit" Unpacker Needed

r_ellison@hpfcdq.HP.COM (Bob Ellison) (05/30/88)

I recently pulled Sound Leech and a packed file of sounds from the net.
Unfortunately, after BinHex'ing the sounds, I ended up with some sort of
packed archive named "SoundList.sit" or something like that, ending with a
".sit" suffix.  My PackIt program of course can't read it; anyone have a
BinHex program that does?

papillo the soundless
Bob Ellison

dorourke@polyslo.UUCP (David O'Rourke) (06/03/88)

  The program that you are proabably looking for is "Stuff/It"  It is a
program similar to Packit but far better.  It read/writes:
  Bin Hex
  PackIt
  StuffIt

  It also does data compression on what ever it stuffs.  It's shareware and
you should be able to pick it up somewhere near you.

--
David M. O'Rourke

Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (06/06/88)

In article <3046@polyslo.UUCP> dorourke@polyslo.UUCP (David O'Rourke) writes:
>  The program that you are proabably looking for is "Stuff/It"  It is a
>program similar to Packit but far better.  It read/writes:
>  Bin Hex
>  PackIt
>  StuffIt
>
>  It also does data compression on what ever it stuffs.  It's shareware and
>you should be able to pick it up somewhere near you.

Look for StuffIt 1.40B coming to comp.binaries.mac in the next couple of days.
--
	Roger L. Long
	dhw68k!bytebug

lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) (06/08/88)

In article <5670001@hpfcdq.HP.COM> r_ellison@hpfcdq.HP.COM (Bob Ellison) writes:
>I recently pulled Sound Leech and a packed file of sounds from the net.
>Unfortunately, after BinHex'ing the sounds, I ended up with some sort of
>packed archive named "SoundList.sit" or something like that, ending with a
>".sit" suffix.  My PackIt program of course can't read it; anyone have a
>BinHex program that does?

I presume that the required software is StuffIt.  Anyway, I too would
like to receive this.

LSB

jeff@drexel.UUCP (Jeff White) (06/10/88)

> >packed archive named "SoundList.sit" or something like that, ending with a
> >".sit" suffix.  My PackIt program of course can't read it; anyone have a
> >BinHex program that does?
>
> I presume that the required software is StuffIt.  Anyway, I too would
> like to receive this.
>
> LSB

   There is also a Unix program called 'unsit' (for unstuffit) which will
extract or list files in a Macintosh Stuffit archive.  I've used it and
it works (it's much easier than having to keep a Mac version of Stuffit
around).  It should be available on some of the archive machines.

						Jeff White
						Drexel University - ECE Dept.
						rutgers!bpa!drexel!jeff