[comp.sys.mac] SIMMs, Monitor card, software for sale

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (06/08/88)

In article <1126@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> mikel@eyeball.ophth.bcm.tmc.edu.UUCP (Michael W. Wellman) writes:

>I have the following items for sale:

USE THE FORSALE NEWSGROUP.  THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR.  OR PUT AN
ADVERT IN A MAGAZINE.  IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, YOUR PRICES AREN'T
THAT GOOD, EITHER.

GRR!
*Earle R. Horton, H.B. 8000, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755   *

phil@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Phil Sohn) (06/09/88)

In article <8840@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) writes:
>In article <1126@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> mikel@eyeball.ophth.bcm.tmc.edu.UUCP (Michael W. Wellman) writes:
>>
>>I have the following items for sale:
>
>USE THE FORSALE NEWSGROUP.  THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR.  OR PUT AN
>ADVERT IN A MAGAZINE.

I think that it is perfectly fine to post these items in the newsgroups
that he posted them to.  Maybe you are interested in everything that is
for sale, but I am only interested in Macintosh things that are for sale.
						phil

david@randvax.UUCP (David Shlapak) (06/10/88)

    I dunno, it seems to me that more precious net "bandwidth" is consumed
by people bitching about things being posted for sale than by those
seemingly intolerable postings themselves.

philf@med-isg.uucp (Phil Fernandez) (06/11/88)

At the risk of getting flamed myself, I need to ask the following
question:  Why does it bother people so when folks post "for sale" ads
for Mac stuff (or other "inappropriate" messages) to the Mac
newsgroup?  I've been reading the newsgroups for some time now, and
I've never been able to figure out why people get quite so emotional
about where/how things are posted.  What's it hurt?  What am I
missing?

phil
Internet:  philf@med-isg.stanford.edu
UUCP:      {decwrl|sun}!med-isg.stanford.edu!philf