[comp.sys.mac] Hard disks for the mac se, mac ii

fellows@ut-emx.UUCP (Rolland Fellows) (06/09/88)

I am looking for a hard disks.  People have recommended Micah
drives, rodimes, and cms drives.  I have found a CMP PRO 60 external drive
for $785 from mac land.  This seems like a good price.

I am wondering what experience people have had with cms drives.
Also is there a hard disk that others would recommend for the price or
durability.

I have been told to look for a drive that has an interleave factor of
1,2, or 3 because I will be upgrading from the se to the II.  So I
want a drive with an interleave factor of 1 or 2.

Thanks Rolland Fellows

terranova@vms.macc.wisc.edu (06/14/88)

In article <3200@ut-emx.UUCP>, fellows@ut-emx.UUCP (Rolland Fellows) writes...

>I am looking for a hard disks.  People have recommended Micah
>drives, rodimes, and cms drives.  I have found a CMP PRO 60 external drive
>for $785 from mac land.  This seems like a good price.
>
>I am wondering what experience people have had with cms drives.
>Also is there a hard disk that others would recommend for the price or
>durability.
>
>I have been told to look for a drive that has an interleave factor of
>1,2, or 3 because I will be upgrading from the se to the II.  So I
>want a drive with an interleave factor of 1 or 2.
>
>Thanks Rolland Fellows

60Meg for $785? Sounds like you can't go wrong.  I got my CMS 60
from MacLand.  About a week for delivery. (I didn't mind)
The drive has worked well for me so far, about a month.  It is a
little bit noisy, but I don't mind that either.

You can configure the drive to an interleave factor of 1, 2 or 3 with
the software that is provided.  It comes preconfigured fo a Mac+.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with it.  Now, if only I can find a
reasonable ram upgrade.

I have no connection with MacLand or CMS other than as a satisfied
customer.

------------------------+------------------------------------------------
John C. Terranova       |  I'd start a revolution, but I don't have time.
  CS, BS to be		|      --Billy Joel,  "Close to the Boarderline"
------------------------+------------------------------------------------
I speak for myself and all those listed below.  And no one else.
	1)
	2)
	3)

ho@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Alex Ho) (06/14/88)

In article <3200@ut-emx.UUCP> fellows@ut-emx.UUCP (Rolland Fellows) writes:

>I am wondering what experience people have had with cms drives.
>Also is there a hard disk that others would recommend for the price or
>durability.
>
>Thanks Rolland Fellows

i've had a cms sd60 hard disk for several months now, and it has
worked flawlessly. it isn't the quietest or the best looking drive,
but it was inexpensive, and has traveled several hundred miles by
car.

Alex Ho
ho@svax.cs.cornell.edu