[comp.sys.mac] Problems with System 6.0

buckley@dalcs.UUCP (Bert Buckley) (06/14/88)

In article <5540@utah-cs.UUCP> t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:

>A couple of us here seem to have problems with the Font DA Juggler+. The
>problems are different on both machines. On one it causes the Chooser to
>really go weird after calling it up the second time. The problem goes away
>if the Juggler is disabled.  The Chooser is in the system file.

I bring this up (a) because it might be related and (b) to see if anyone can
explain the behaviour I have observed.

I have installed Power Station, Pyro, QuickKeys and Font/DA Juggler Plus,
both on a Mac II and on an SE. Problems seem similar on both systems.

1. Sometimes an application does not seem to find Power Station and returns
directly to the Finder upon quitting. But not always. I have not noticed
a pattern yet.

2. Sometimes, after I select an application in Power Station, I get the
menu bar with the name of that application, the Power Station icon on the
right, and then Pyro running on the rest of the screen!

3. Or, if I use Open Power Station, and select an application, I get the menu
line as in (2), and the machine then hangs, still with the Finder's windows
displayed on the rest of the screen.

I do not know where the problems originate. I am using the (so-called)
System 5.0. Comments or help would be appreciated.

Bert Buckley
BITNET   (NetNorth,Earn):    buckley@dalac.bitnet
Internet (CSNET, ARPA, EDU): buckley%dalcs@uunet.uu.net
UUCP:                      ...!{garfield,utai,uunet}!dalcs!buckley
CDN:                         buckley@cs.dal.cdn