[comp.sys.mac] LightspeedC 3.0 Upgrade Notice

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/14/88)

 debugger for fast development
	* Precompiled headers for maximum compilation speed
	* Support for routines in Inside Macintosh volumes 1-5
	* inline 68020 and 68881 support
	* new documentation

The most exciting of the new features is the source-level debugger.
It lets you set breakpoints, trace execution line by line or function
by function, examine and modify variables, arrays, and structs while
the program is running.

THINK C will run with one megabyte of memory, however, to use the source
level debugger you'll need at least two megabytes and MultiFinder.

All registered users can upgrade to version 3.0 for $69 plus shipping
costs. The new version will read projects built with version 2.01 or
later directly.

If you purchased LightspeedC after February 1, 1988, your upgrade
is free. With your update order, include a copy of your dated sales
receipt or purchase order with your request, along with a check to
cover shipping costs.

Send upgrade orders to:

	Symantec Corp.
	Customer Service Dept.
	THINK's LightspeedC 3.0 Upgrade
	10201 Torre Ave.
	Cupertino, CA 95014

In your order, please supply your name, company, address, phone number,
LightspeedC registration number, and a check or money order for the costs.
NO CREDIT CARD OR PURCHASE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Also note that
UPS will not deliver to PO Box addresses.

When ordering your upgrade, please specify your shipping preference:

	UPS Ground - $3.50
	UPS Second Day Air - $5.50

Please allow two to four weeks for processing of your order.

You have any questions about the upgrade process, please call
(408) 446-9994.

If you have not registered your copy of LightspeedC, send in your
original registration card or original LightspeedC system disk, along
with your name, company, address, phone number, and check or money
order to the above address.

To avoid delay, we recommend placing your upgrade order as soon as possible.

Diana Bury
Language Products Manager

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

jts@demon.siemens.com (Jim Sasaki) (06/14/88)

In article <4759@husc6.harvard.edu> singer@endor.UUCP (Rich Siegel) writes:

> .... THINK C will run with one megabyte of memory, however, to use the source
> level debugger you'll need at least two megabytes and MultiFinder.

Two (!) meg?  Groan, sigh.  Okay, I give up!  I was going to wait until memory
prices started dropping, but between this and FullWrite, I guess I'd better
start saving up now, instead.  Source level debugging is hard to resist!

    Jim Sasaki (jts@siemens.com, ...princeton!siemens!jts)
Any opinions above are my own and not necessarily those of Siemens RTL, for
whom I consult.