[comp.sys.mac] printer won't respond

dwh@rayssdb.ray.com (David W. Humphrey) (06/14/88)

	Problem:  A friend just bought an SE w/HD20 and ImageWriter II.  All
connections are correct, the printer test pattern works, the ready light is
on, etc., but the printer won't respond.  Working with him over the phone, I
told him to try printing in MacWrite, MacPaint, and to type command-shift-4
to print the active window - nothing worked.  What are we forgetting here?

--
  that I live and you are gone."  -Marius	Raytheon Company, Portsmouth, RI
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP (Kees Huyser) (06/15/88)

In article <1954@rayssdb.ray.com> dwh@rayssdb.ray.com (David W. Humphrey) writes:
#	Problem:  A friend just bought an SE w/HD20 and ImageWriter II.  All
#connections are correct, the printer test pattern works, the ready light is
#on, etc., but the printer won't respond.  Working with him over the phone, I
#told him to try printing in MacWrite, MacPaint, and to type command-shift-4
#to print the active window - nothing worked.  What are we forgetting here?

Did your friend select the ImageWriter Icon from the Chooser?

--Kees
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (06/16/88)

In article <1954@rayssdb.ray.com> dwh@rayssdb.ray.com (David W. Humphrey) writes:

>	Problem:  A friend just bought an SE w/HD20 and ImageWriter II.  All
>connections are correct, the printer test pattern works, the ready light is
>on, etc., but the printer won't respond.  Working with him over the phone, I
>told him to try printing in MacWrite, MacPaint, and to type command-shift-4
>to print the active window - nothing worked.  What are we forgetting here?

Did you select the printer in the Chooser?  Do you have the proper drivers
(ImageWriter II) in the System folder?

-ajw

Andy J. Williams '90   |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|   _   /|
Kiewit Computation Ctr |Hello. Set $NAME='Iinigo Montoya' You |     ( )  /
Dartmouth College      |kill -9 my process.  Prepare to vi.   |      U