[comp.sys.mac] Help with Trash Icon

brianr@pogo.TEK.COM (Brian Ross) (06/14/88)

I recently picked up the toilet icon for the trash can but cannot figure out
how to install it. I tried resedit, on the system and desktop file but
could not get the icon to change. Anyone out there who can tell me how to do
this??
Brian Ross

tektronix!pogo!brianr

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (06/14/88)

In article <5518@pogo.TEK.COM> brianr@pogo.TEK.COM (Brian Ross) writes:

>I recently picked up the toilet icon for the trash can but cannot figure out
>how to install it. I tried resedit, on the system and desktop file but
>could not get the icon to change. Anyone out there who can tell me how to do
>this??

Try the Finder.
That's where the Icon is stored.

-ajw

Andy J. Williams '90   |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|   _   /|
Software Development   +--------------------------------------+   \`o_O' ACK!
Kiewit Computation Ctr |Hello. Set $NAME='Iinigo Montoya' You |     ( )  /
Dartmouth College      |kill -9 my process.  Prepare to vi.   |      U

strasser@murdu.OZ (Mike Strasser) (06/16/88)

Use ResEdit on Finder. It worked for me.  You can also change the name
of it (I've got "Bottomless Pit" on mine) in a STR# (?) resource, and
the menu entry in the Special menu in a MENU (?) resource if you like.

Mike Strasser                ACSnet, CSnet:  strasser@murdu.oz
                             Internet:       strasser%murdu.oz@uunet.uu.net
Forestry Section
University of Melbourne
Creswick, Victoria.  3363    Phone: (053) 45 2405
A u s t r a l i a                   +61 53 45 2405