[comp.sys.mac] MacWEEK limits complimentary copies for thier 1 year Anniversary

tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) (06/10/88)

We'll just FYI, MacWEEK is limiting the complimentary
copies of MacWEEK distributed to the working community, to

  "compainies, and individuals within a company, having the
   greater involvment with Macintosh computers."

I'm kinda interested in how they determine who is and isn't
more involved with Mac's.

I recieved a small notice stating I must pay $75 to continue
recieving MacWEEK.

Oh Well, looks like "Macintosh Today" we be "the" weekly
to read now, or I'll have to start borrowing a copy
(assuming other people in the company will still get it).

: Tom Carstensen         Usenet: tomc@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM      :
: Mentor Graphics                Delphi: CARSTENSEN          :
:                                GEnie:  CARSTENSEN          :
:                                                            :
:         If you are sick and tired, of all your dreadful    :
:         dimensions, let me stretch your TIME!              :
:                                       - Time Operator      :

Disclaimer: All opinions in this message are mine.

mclek@dcatla.UUCP (Larry E. Kollar) (06/11/88)

In article <1988Jun9.124450.701@mntgfx.mentor.com> tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) writes:
>Oh Well, looks like "Macintosh Today" we be "the" weekly
>to read now....

Mac Today was at Comdex, passing out as many applications for a free
subscription as they could.  Imagine my surprise when I got a letter from the
publishers:

	"Make the intelligent move... with your *paid* subscription to
	Macintosh Today...." (emphasis mine)

A "mere" $100 will get it for a year.  Can you say "bait-and-switch"?

Oh well, revenge is sweet.  They sent a postpaid envelope (how generous :-(),
which I could fill with heavy stuff & mail back w/o a return address....

	Larry Kollar	...!gatech!dcatla!mclek
	"My honey, my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf,
	She said 'Don't hand me no line, and keep your hands to yourself.'"
		- Georgia Satellites

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, Licensed To Dream) (06/17/88)

In article <1988Jun9.124450.701@mntgfx.mentor.com> tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) writes:
>We'll just FYI, MacWEEK is limiting the complimentary
>copies of MacWEEK distributed to the working community, to
>
>  "compainies, and individuals within a company, having the
>   greater involvment with Macintosh computers."
>
>I'm kinda interested in how they determine who is and isn't involved with Mac's

Well, as a member of Apple Communications Product Development group, MacWEEK
apparently does not think that I (nor about 5 other members of our group)
are sufficiently involved with Macintosh computers.

All of our subscriptions are being cancelled.  When I called up their editorial
offices in San Francisco, I was referred to a number in New Jersey.  The
person who answered the phone said that she would be glad to send me new
qualification questionnaires.  Oh well....

I was dropped by Macintosh Today about 2 months ago....  No one likes me!  :-(
--
Byron Han,  Licensed to Dream.             Macintosh - One Small Step For Apple.
Apple Computer, Inc. MS 27Y                ----One Giant Leap for Humankind.----