[comp.sys.mac] Practical Peripherals 2400 baud modem & line noise

ajq@mace.cc.purdue.edu (John O'Malley) (06/20/88)

In article <1994@pt.cs.cmu.edu> dtw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Duane Williams) writes:

>At 2400 baud this modem is intolerant of line noise.  I would recommend that
>people AVOID THIS MODEM.

A friend of mine bought a Practical Peripherals 2400 to use with his
Apple IIgs, and found that once he moved the modem a couple of feet away
from his monitor that the little bit of line noise he had been experiencing
stopped.  I also know a couple people that use the modem with Mac SEs, but they
haven't reported any problems.

Could it be that the modem is just a little over-sensitive to interference?

John O'Malley         \ Personal Computing       \ Purdue University \ (317)
mace.cc.purdue.edu!ajq \ Learning Resource Center \ Computing Center  \ 494-9944