[comp.sys.mac] Using new keyboards on Mac Pluses

cloos@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (James H. Cloos Jr.) (06/09/88)

Is there any way to use one of the new keyboards (ie the ones avaiable for
SE's and II's) with a Mac Plus??

Would it need some kind of interface box, or just a custom cable?

Thanks for any info.

-JimC
--
batcomputer!cloos@cornell.UUCP  |James H. Cloos, Jr.|#include <disclaimer.h>
cloos@batcomputer.tn.cornell.EDU|B7 Upson, Cornell U|#include <cute_stuff.h>

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (06/11/88)

in:comp.sys.mac / cloos@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (James H. Cloos Jr.)asks:
>Is there any way to use one of the new keyboards (ie the ones avaiable for
>SE's and II's) with a Mac Plus??

Yes, Olduvai makers of ReadIT and IconIT have just such a thing, check out
MacWorld or MacUser ads for details.

>Would it need some kind of interface box, or just a custom cable?
Its a box that allows you to hook ADB devices in on one end and plug into
your Plus on the other.

>Thanks for any info.

You're Welcome

>-JimC

-David

thomas@uvabick.UUCP (Thomas Fruin) (06/14/88)

 > Is there any way to use one of the new keyboards (ie the ones avaiable
 > for SE's and II's) with a Mac Plus??

Yes, there is.  A recent MacWorld which I don't have with me now carried
an ad for a little 'box' that interfathe Mac Plus keyboard connector
and any ADB device...

-- Thomas Fruin

   fruin@hlerul5.BITNET                  University of Leiden
   thomas@uvabick.UUCP                   University of Amsterdam
   dibs@well.UUCP
   hol0066.AppleLink
   2:512/114.FidoNet                     The Netherlands

hallett@glacier.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (06/17/88)

In article <264@uvabick.UUCP> thomas@uvabick.UUCP (Thomas Fruin) writes:

> > Is there any way to use one of the new keyboards (ie the ones avaiable
> > for SE's and II's) with a Mac Plus??
>
>Yes, there is.  A recent MacWorld which I don't have with me now carried
>an ad for a little 'box' that interfathe Mac Plus keyboard connector
>and any ADB device...

Well, this handy little gadget is called an "ADBridge" it is available
from Olduvai systems for $99.  You are probably better off getting a
DataDesk Mac101 - for the cost of a new keyboard plus the ADBridge to
use it, you've quickly overshot the DataDesk.

Jeffrey A. Hallett                     | ARPA: hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program    	       | UUCP: desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp
GE Corporate Research and Development  | (518) 387-5654
+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|  "The past is just a fiction created to explain the discrepancy between     |
|   my current state and my senses' perceptions."			      |
|                  			- The Ruler of the Universe           |
|					 "The Restaurant at the End 	      |
|					      of the Universe"		      |

twakeman@hpcea.CE.HP.COM (Teriann Wakeman) (06/23/88)

Reading notsfiles and E-mail, I often thought that it would be nice to have
a three button controler that attaches in parallel to the keyboard. For
instance, it would be nice to lean back in a chair with my feet proped up,
sipping a cup of tea and read notes or mail.A little hand held control
with a button each for return, space, and j keyboard equivs would be nice.
It would also be nice if the buttons were configurable. The space bar and
return button have oposite functions in notes and HPdesk. Reconfigurable
buttons would allow the casual reader (as oposed to the hunched over the
keyboard reader) to use the same button for a task between applications
and allow it to be configured for applications that use a different set of
buttons for navigation.

I think its a nifty idea. If any one goes into production, I want 10%
of the first years net from each unit sold and 20% of the sales price
when a big company purchases your company for the technology/product.

TeriAnn