[comp.sys.mac] Video Works II / Mac II

robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) (06/21/88)

I have noticed a problem/bug with Video Works II v2.0 on the Mac II
and wonder if anyone out there has experienced the same thing, or
perhaps has a patch for it.

When running on an SE or Plus, Video Works II has some nice paint tools in
the paint box, such as lasso, rotate, strech, etc.  But, when I run the very
same version on my Mac II, those little tools are not there.  The little boxes
which contain them are just blank, and clicking in the space where they were
does nothing.

Anybody out there have this problem?

Better yet, anyone have a fix for this?  ( MacroMind, are you there? )

=Steve=

jas@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Jeffrey A. Sullivan) (06/21/88)

In article <9984@oberon.USC.EDU>, robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) writes:
> I have noticed a problem/bug with Video Works II v2.0 on the Mac II
> and wonder if anyone out there has experienced the same thing, or
> perhaps has a patch for it.
>
> When running on an SE or Plus, Video Works II has some nice paint tools in
> the paint box, such as lasso, rotate, strech, etc.  But, when I run the very
> same version on my Mac II, those little tools are not there.  The little boxes
> which contain them are just blank, and clicking in the space where they were
> does nothing.
It's not a bug, and not really a problem in the technical sense.
Those special tools only work when you are in 2-bit b/w mode (they
might also work in 2-bit color).  So if you are working in a color
setting (as I suspect), then you can't use them.  I was dissappointed
by this as well, but I learned to live with it.

Still, it would be nice if Macromind would upgrade the paint unit to
fully handle color painting tools.

Still worse is the (in)ability to use your own sampled sounds without
a special costs-extra program.  Sigh.  That's why I sold my copy.

Jeffrey Sullivan			  | University of Pittsburgh
jas@cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu		  | Intelligent Systems Studies Program
jasper@PittVMS.BITNET, jasst3@cisunx.UUCP | Graduate Student

jerry_mac@bmc1.uu.se (JERRY PETTERSSON) (06/30/88)

In article <1257@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU>, jas@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Jeffrey A. Sullivan) writes:
> In article <9984@oberon.USC.EDU>, robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) writes:
>> I have noticed a problem/bug with Video Works II v2.0 on the Mac II
>> and wonder if anyone out there has experienced the same thing, or
>> perhaps has a patch for it.
>>
>> When running on an SE or Plus, Video Works II has some nice paint tools in
>> the paint box, such as lasso, rotate, strech, etc.  But, when I run the very
>> same version on my Mac II, those little tools are not there.  The little boxes
>> which contain them are just blank, and clicking in the space where they were
>> does nothing.
> It's not a bug, and not really a problem in the technical sense.
> Those special tools only work when you are in 2-bit b/w mode (they
> might also work in 2-bit color).  So if you are working in a color
> setting (as I suspect), then you can't use them.  I was dissappointed
> by this as well, but I learned to live with it.
>
> Still, it would be nice if Macromind would upgrade the paint unit to
> fully handle color painting tools.
>
> Still worse is the (in)ability to use your own sampled sounds without
> a special costs-extra program.  Sigh.  That's why I sold my copy.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Sullivan			  | University of Pittsburgh
> jas@cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu		  | Intelligent Systems Studies Program
> jasper@PittVMS.BITNET, jasst3@cisunx.UUCP | Graduate Student

Macromind is comming out with a free upgrade very soon, That's why I like
Macromind!

			Jerry.P