[comp.sys.mac] gardening with the computer

parvis@pyr.gatech.EDU (FULLNAME) (06/27/88)

I would like to know whether anyone knows about a computer program that
could help me with my gardening. I'm interested in all kinds of computer
programs either for indoor or outdoor running on any personal computer.

Does anyone have experience in using a computer to plan her/his gardening and
diagnose deseases of the plants? Can a computer program be as good as a book?
Is thee a need for such a program?

I appreciate any response and discussion on this question. Thanks, Parvis.

-- parvis@gitpyr.gatech.edu

leslie@octopus.UUCP (Leslie Holzmann) (07/03/88)

>I would like to know whether anyone knows about a computer program that
>could help me with my gardening. I'm interested in all kinds of computer
>programs either for indoor or outdoor running on any personal computer.

I remember reading about a gardening program in "The 60 Minute Garden" or
something like that.  I don't have the book, so I'm not sure about the
author, but I think it is Jeff Ball.  I've seen it at Crown Books and the
library, so I assume it's readily available.  Anyway, the author was the
one who wrote the program, and he was extolling its virtues.  I haven't
tried it.  I think it was mostly for vegies, not general landscaping.

Hope this helps.

--
    @@    /\            Leslie Holzmann
   @  @   \/            {hplabs!hpdsd,pyramid}!octopus!leslie

rln@metasoft.UUCP (Roberta Norin) (07/06/88)

In article <6948@cup.portal.com>, Keith_A_Mounts@cup.portal.com writes:
> There seems to be precious little in the area of gardening software for
> the Mac. The only thing I have found was Ortho's Computer Gardening and
> ththe Mac version was listed on the order form, I've never actually seen it.
> I have been slowly building a HyperCard stack of plant data gleaned from
> various publications. I would love to see more software for gardening.
> A database of plants with access by features such as light, soil, water
> requirements, color, etc. would be lovely.

I am developing a gardening program that runs on the Mac.  A beta release
will be available this fall.  If you are interested in more information
and/or in being a beta user send me e-mail or write/call:

				R. Norin
				G.T. Software
				27 Tufts Street
				Cambridge MA 02139