[comp.sys.mac] Stereo Alert Sound

bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) (07/05/88)

 In Scott Knaster's Book   "Macintosh Programming Secrets", he mentions
a stereo alert sound for the MAC II that sounds like an elephant trumpting.
Has anyone ever seen such a beast ? I can't seem to track it down.

			Thanks.

			Mike Bell
			Bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

chari@killer.UUCP (Chris Whatley) (07/07/88)

In article <5270@super.upenn.edu>, bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) writes:

>  In Scott Knaster's Book   "Macintosh Programming Secrets", he mentions
> a stereo alert sound for the MAC II that sounds like an elephant trumpting.
> Has anyone ever seen such a beast ? I can't seem to track it down.

I've got a copy of it and would not mind submitting it to comp.binaries.mac.
Is that conference moderated? If so, who do I send it to?

Also, It is available on compuserve in the MACFUN libraries.

> 			Thanks.
>
> 			Mike Bell
> 			Bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

Chris

"Henry, have you and Mary had sexual intercourse?"  -Mrs. X
chari@killer.UUCP
CI$:71370,1654

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (07/07/88)

>>  In Scott Knaster's Book   "Macintosh Programming Secrets", he mentions
>> a stereo alert sound for the MAC II that sounds like an elephant trumpting.
>> Has anyone ever seen such a beast ? I can't seem to track it down.
>>

>I've got a copy of it and would not mind submitting it to comp.binaries.mac.
>Is that conference moderated? If so, who do I send it to?

Do either of you dudes have the resource files for the sample programs
in Knaster's first Mac programming book?  The source code listings are
there, but the RMaker listings are not.  BTW, I already tried writing to
the publisher of the book, but they never answered. :-(

-Ted