[comp.sys.mac] Font used in Chooser etc.

strasser@murdu.OZ (Mike Strasser) (07/08/88)

Some inquisitive person (other than me) has managed to alter the font
displayed when Chooser is called on our Mac II.  The same font appears
with ResEdit.  I've re-installed the System etc., but to no avail.  I
would like to change this font back to Geneva (I'm not even sure what it
is).  How do I do it?

Mike Strasser                ACSnet, CSnet:  strasser@murdu.oz
                             Internet:       strasser%murdu.oz@uunet.uu.net
Forestry Section
University of Melbourne
Creswick, Victoria.  3363    Phone: (053) 45 2405
A u s t r a l i a                   +61 53 45 2405

kateley@Apple.COM (Jim Kateley) (07/09/88)

In article <1411@murdu.OZ> strasser@munnari.UUCP (Mike Strasser) writes:
>Some inquisitive person (other than me) has managed to alter the font
>displayed when Chooser is called on our Mac II.  The same font appears
>with ResEdit.  I've re-installed the System etc., but to no avail.  I
>would like to change this font back to Geneva (I'm not even sure what it
>is).  How do I do it?

Someone changed the default font that is stored in the PRAM of your
MacII.  You need a utility that allows you to change PRAM or clear
it.  PRAM-5.0 works ok on a MacII (I tested it on mine).  There
is also a CDEV that allows you to change the default font.  Zapping
the PRAM using shift-option-command-(control panel) will NOT work, as
it only sets a validity bit in the PRAM.  Since you can have a different
default font, it will pass the test on the next bootup.  I believe
both PRAM-5.0 and the app font CDEV are available on sumex.

>Mike Strasser                ACSnet, CSnet:  strasser@murdu.oz
>                             Internet:       strasser%murdu.oz@uunet.uu.net
>Forestry Section
>University of Melbourne
>Creswick, Victoria.  3363    Phone: (053) 45 2405
>A u s t r a l i a                   +61 53 45 2405

Jim Kateley          UUCP: {sun, voder, nsc, mtxinu, dual}!apple!kateley
S,P,HnS!             DOMAIN: kateley@apple.COM  Applelink: kateley1
Disclaimer:   What I say, think, or smell does not reflect any policy or
	      stray thought by Apple Computer, Inc.

Mark_Peter_Cookson@cup.portal.com.UUCP (07/11/88)

You might try something like APFont.  It changes the default font that
applications use when the come up.  It will also work for the Chooser.  It is
nifty if you always want to use say Times in your word processor and hate to
change it from Geneva all the time.  I like APFont, it was don't quite nicely
and I have not been able to atribute any bombs to it.

Mark Cookson