[comp.sys.mac] Printer feeding lines at bizarre moments?

vangelde@cisunx.UUCP (Timothy J Van) (07/13/88)

In four years of Mac use, I've run into some strange problems, but there's
always more where they came from...

About once a page, my Imagewriter just decides to feed forward about 4 lines
or so, then continue printing exactly where it left off.
What's weird about it is that it never used to do this, and so far as I can
tell nothing's changed for months (same mac, system etc, imagewriter, etc.)

Has anybody else run into this problem?  Have any ideas what might be
causing it?

I have a Plus, with Imagewriter 1, using ImageWriter I/II direct-connect v2.6 04/13/87 driver.
It seems that the problem occurs mostly after the printer has been on or
working for quite a while, suggesting that it MIGHT have something to do
with the printer heating up.

Thanks,

Tim van Gelder
vangelde@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (07/13/88)

In article <10996@cisunx.UUCP> vangelde@cisunx.UUCP (Timothy J Van) writes:

>About once a page, my Imagewriter just decides to feed forward about 4 lines
>or so, then continue printing exactly where it left off.
>What's weird about it is that it never used to do this, and so far as I can
>tell nothing's changed for months (same mac, system etc, imagewriter, etc.)

Have you overruled the possibility that this is its normal page advance but
somehow misaligned so it is happening in the middle of the page instead of
over the perforation?

-ajw

Andy J. Williams '90   |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|   _   /|
Kiewit Computation Ctr |Hello. Set $NAME='Iinigo Montoya' You |     ( )  /
Dartmouth College      |kill -9 my process.  Prepare to vi.   |      U