[comp.sys.mac] c++ on the mac

baud@gt-eedsp.UUCP (Kurt Baudendistel) (07/13/88)

i'd like to find out where to get c++ to run on the mac.  this is
not just as simple as porting cfront, the c++ pre-processor from
AT&T to the mac, since many mac c compilers have identifier
(variable name) length limits too short to support standard cfront.

please respond by email. i'll post the results all together.

kurt

--
Kurt Baudendistel [GRA McClellan]
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332

chari@killer.UUCP (Chris Whatley) (07/14/88)

In article <336@gt-eedsp.UUCP>, baud@gt-eedsp.UUCP (Kurt Baudendistel) writes:
> i'd like to find out where to get c++ to run on the mac.  this is
> not just as simple as porting cfront, the c++ pre-processor from
> AT&T to the mac, since many mac c compilers have identifier
> (variable name) length limits too short to support standard cfront.

Actually, I think it is as simple(?) as porting cfront to the mac because
that is what Apple is reportedly doing with the upcoming MPW 3.0 which will
be available through the normal channels later in the year.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Apple. I'm just a lowly college student
sweating out a Texas summer. Really.

Chris

"Henry, have you and Mary had sexual intercourse?"  -Mrs. X
chari@killer.UUCP
CI$:71370,1654