[comp.sys.mac] Need MacBinary XBIN

hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (07/06/88)

I seem to remember reading in this group not too long ago that someone had
modified xbin to produce a MacBinary file instead of the three file format
favored by MacTerminal.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved anything
on this.  Can someone give me pointers to finding the modified xbin source?

Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu

hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (07/09/88)

I wrote:
>I seem to remember reading in this group not too long ago that someone had
>modified xbin to produce a MacBinary file instead of the three file format
>favored by MacTerminal.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved anything
>on this.  Can someone give me pointers to finding the modified xbin source?

No one else seems to remember this.  I must have read it in my dreams!  Thanks
to everyone who pointed out macbin.  It may not be as convenient as a modified
xbin, but used in conjunction with the standard xbin it will achieve the
desired result.  I can always use a shell script to hide most of the pain.

Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (07/11/88)

hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu(Kurt Hirchert) writes in comp.sys.mac

>I wrote:
>>I seem to remember reading in this group not too long ago that someone had
>>modified xbin to produce a MacBinary file instead of the three file format
>>favored by MacTerminal.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved anything
>>on this.  Can someone give me pointers to finding the modified xbin source?
>
>No one else seems to remember this.  I must have read it in my dreams!  Thanks
>to everyone who pointed out macbin.  It may not be as convenient as a modified
>xbin, but used in conjunction with the standard xbin it will achieve the
>desired result.  I can always use a shell script to hide most of the pain.

	Kurt,
		The program that you want can be found archived on Sumex-Aim as:
MACPUTC.BIN
MACGETC.BIN
	They were written by John Heuras at Think (Symantec) in order to work with
newer programs.

+                                 +  Any thing I say may be taken as  +
+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +  MacNET: MACgician                +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +                                   +
+                                 +                                   +

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (07/17/88)

In article <46100178@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I seem to remember reading in this group not too long ago that someone had
>modified xbin to produce a MacBinary file instead of the three file format
>favored by MacTerminal.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have saved anything
>on this.  Can someone give me pointers to finding the modified xbin source?
>
>Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu
>National Center for Supercomputing Applications

I sent in a modified xbin which does just this to comp.sources.mac a
few minutes ago.  It was Saturday.  I had a cold.  I was bored.  It
was easy.  Someone could probably write an xmodem program to download
the ".hqx" files directly if [s]he wanted to get real fancy...

Earle R. Horton.  H.B. 8000, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755