[comp.sys.mac] Dark Castle and 6.0

robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) (07/12/88)

Boy if I come up with any more of these I'm just gonna have to
trash 6.0 and write Mr. Scully a nasty letter ( and they want 60 bucks
for it too! HaH! ).

Why won't Dark Castle run under 6.0?  What Can I do to fix it?

=Steve=

I THINK IT SHOULD BE CALLED    S I C K ' S   P O I N T  U H - O H

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (07/13/88)

In article <10626@oberon.USC.EDU>, robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) writes:
> Boy if I come up with any more of these I'm just gonna have to
> trash 6.0

> I THINK IT SHOULD BE CALLED    S I C K ' S   P O I N T  U H - O H

	hey, everyone (and their dog) beats me to the gripe, lately ...

	...I'm about to deep-6 it, too .... (-:

		SIX SUX SOX 'n SAX---- what is it we miss most?  (chorus).....

but, seriously now folks, does anyone know about a "maintenance 6.1?"

send Email to:    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)
		  .....!ut-sally!rascal.ics.utexas.edu!werner
should RASCAL be ill:   werner@astro.as.utexas.edu  or werner@utastro.UUCP)

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (07/17/88)

In article <10626@oberon.USC.EDU> robiner@ganelon.usc.edu (Steve) writes:
>Why won't Dark Castle run under 6.0?  What Can I do to fix it?

Dark Castle requires the alternate screen buffer on the Mac Plus and SE.
6.0 trashed this in an effort to reduce system heap usage.  Since games
are not on our high priority list for testing, this slipped by.  It will
be fixed in 6.0.1.

From the comments I've received, in general:
80% use and like 6.0 (works fine, nice features)
18% think it sucks because (insert cute nonessential PD program) breaks
2% have legitimate complaints.

						_emt