[comp.sys.mac] MacWrite 5.0 problem

dtw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Duane Williams) (07/17/88)

I start Claris' MacWrite 5.0 by double clicking on a less than two page
document created with MacWrite 5.0.  I then select 'Print' from the File
menu.  I am running version 6.0 system software and am using MultiFinder and
background printing.  The file is spooled to disk and then MacWrite exits!
I get a message, apparently from MultiFinder, saying "The application
'MacWrite' has unexpectedly quit (2)."  The Print Monitor says the document
is damaged and doesn't print it.  Just to be sure that MacWrite has plenty
of memory, I am running it in a 1MB partition on a 2.5MB Mac Plus.

I again double click the document.  MacWrite 5.0 starts up, but this time
the Spelling checker's menu doesn't appear.  I select 'Print' and the
document is successfully printed.

Does anybody happen to know what's wrong?
--
uucp: ...!seismo!cmucspt!me.ri.cmu.edu!dtw
arpa: dtw@cs.cmu.edu

richard@claris.UUCP (Richard Scorer) (07/19/88)

In article <2296@pt.cs.cmu.edu> dtw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Duane Williams) writes:

... explanation of printing problem with MacWrite

>Does anybody happen to know what's wrong?
>--
>uucp: ...!seismo!cmucspt!me.ri.cmu.edu!dtw
>arpa: dtw@cs.cmu.edu

Duane,

No, I have no idea what is happening - call our Tech support folks at (415)
962-0371.  They will have an idea of what steps to take to identify your
problem.  They may well ask for a copy of the document to duplicate the
problem here at Claris.

Good luck..

 Richard Scorer       *   UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!richard
 Claris Corporation   *   AppleLink: Scorer1   *   CompuServe: 74017,344