[comp.sys.mac] Where can I get ... ?

ericc@a.cs.okstate.edu (Eric Cloninger) (07/18/88)

I've been looking for form-feed disk labels for 3.5" disks for several
weeks now to no avail.  I hate to bother the Net with such a question,
but I've checked all three of the local office supplies stores, their
sources, and even tried a few of my own (Moore Business forms comes to
mind immediately).  No one can get them for me.  To be exact, I need
one-wide, adhesive, form-fed 3.5" disk labels (2.75" x 2.75").  Can
someone supply a name and number that sells to the public?

Please E-mail.  I'll forward any further queries.

Thanks,

Eric Cloninger
UUCP         :  {cbatt,cbosgd,ihnp4,rutgers,seismo,uiucdcs}!okstate!ericc
Internet     :  ericc@a.cs.okstate.edu
USnail       :  219 Math Sciences Bldg., OSU, Stillwater, Oklahoma  74075
AT & T       :  (405) 624-5668

bruceh@mntgfx.mentor.com (Bruce Holm) (07/19/88)

In article <3721@okstate.UUCP>, ericc@a.cs.okstate.edu (Eric Cloninger) writes:
> I've been looking for form-feed disk labels for 3.5" disks for several
> weeks now to no avail.  I hate to bother the Net with such a question,
> but I've checked all three of the local office supplies stores, their
> sources, and even tried a few of my own (Moore Business forms comes to
> mind immediately).  No one can get them for me.  To be exact, I need
> one-wide, adhesive, form-fed 3.5" disk labels (2.75" x 2.75").  Can
> someone supply a name and number that sells to the public?

I went looking for this same thing recently.  I found that Avery, the label
making company makes pin-feed labels for 3.5" diskettes.  Egghead S/W sells
them (you also might try some office supply stores) at ~12.00 for 250 (as I
recall).  They are totally white (no colored labels) but they come with
multi-colored circular stickers, ~3/4" in dia. to color-code your diskettes.

I did not buy these so don't know how well they work, but was told that they
work well (what else do you expect the salesman to tell you).  I am still
looking for true colored labels (no stick-ons).

Edu-Comp (the public domain and shareware warehouse) also sells pin-feed
labels that are available in both white or colored, but they are kind of
expensive at $7/$8 for 100 white/colored labels PLUS $4 for s/h.

I would like to hear of others experiences with any of these labels and
how well they work.  Either send me e-mail or post to the net.

    Bruce Holm                   |        USENET: bruceh@pdx.MENTOR.COM
    Mentor Graphics Corp.        |        UUCP: ...!mntgfx!bruceh
    (503) 626-7000               |        GENIE: BHOLM