[comp.sys.mac] Has anyone noticed the paper stacking "bug" on the new LaserWriters?

cyosta@taux01.UUCP (Yossie Silverman) (07/18/88)

Has anyone noticed that the new LaserWriters stack the paper in reverse
order (at least when printing from MacWrite) because they actually stack
the paper in the correct order unlike the old LaserWriters?  Anyway, I think
maybe its time that Claris added an option to MacWrite to control the order
in which pages are printed, so that both brands of LaserWriter can manage.
--
Yossie Silverman                                   What did the Caspian sea?
National Semiconductor Ltd. (Israel)				- Saki

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (07/19/88)

In article <844@taux01.UUCP> taux01!cyosta@nsc.UUCP (Yossie Silverman) writes:
>Has anyone noticed that the new LaserWriters stack the paper in reverse
>order (at least when printing from MacWrite) because they actually stack
>the paper in the correct order unlike the old LaserWriters?  Anyway, I think
>maybe its time that Claris added an option to MacWrite to control the order
>in which pages are printed, so that both brands of LaserWriter can manage.
>--
   Why don't we just fix it in hardware? If you pull down the round section
on the end of the laserwriter you get an old style FIFO tray.
   Here's a good question for you: Hypercard PRints a stack in FIFO order on
the new laserwriter, but it prints reportsin LIFO order. Why?

Pierce

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu     Race For Space Grand Prize Winner.
   Useless Advice #986: Never sit on a Tack.

drc@claris.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (07/19/88)

I will mention the inclusion as an option to the folks working on MacWrite;
however, as an owner of a LaserWriter II, I can tell you that it's not so bad
as you make it out to be.  Just drop the tray down to have the LaserWriter
feed out of the back (like the old LaserWriters) instead of the top, et voila.

Dennis Cohen
Claris
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!