[comp.sys.mac] Multi-finder STR#'s

JHC@VAX5.CCS.CORNELL.EDU ("James H. Cloos, Jr.") (07/14/88)

Check out STR# id -127 in Multifinder in the 6.0 distribution.
It has 3 strings in it, listed below, one string to a line:

I want my,

I want my,

I want my l--k and f--l

Someone's got a sense of humor, huh?  ;^)

-JimC
--
jhc@vax5.ccs.cornell.EDU
jhc@crnlvax5.BITNET

terranova@vms.macc.wisc.edu (07/17/88)

In article <8807141930.AA16727@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, JHC@VAX5.CCS.CORNELL.EDU ("James H. Cloos, Jr.") writes...

>Check out STR# id -127 in Multifinder in the 6.0 distribution.
>It has 3 strings in it, listed below, one string to a line:
>
>I want my,
>
>I want my,
>
>I want my l--k and f--l
>
>Someone's got a sense of humor, huh?  ;^)

Uh, yeah, I noticed these strings, too.  I just, uh, blew them
off at the time.  But, now I feel, like,  kinda stupid, ya' know?
Like, I don't get it.  I assume it should be something obvious but,
I must be missing something.  Anyone wanna fill me in?

>-JimC
>--
>jhc@vax5.ccs.cornell.EDU
>jhc@crnlvax5.BITNET

------------------------+------------------------------------------------
John C. Terranova       |  Where's the orchestra?
  CS, BS to be		|      --Billy Joel,  "Where's the orchestra?"
------------------------+------------------------------------------------
I speak for myself and all those listed below.  And no one else.
	1)
	2)
	3)

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (07/17/88)

In article <8807141930.AA16727@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> JHC@VAX5.CCS.CORNELL.EDU ("James H. Cloos, Jr.") writes:
>Check out STR# id -127 in Multifinder in the 6.0 distribution.
>It has 3 strings in it, listed below, one string to a line:

So, is there anyone out ther other than the author and myself who knows how
to make that appear in the about box?

Modifying MultiFinder is cheating.

						_emt

melnik@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ofer Melnik) (07/18/88)

In article <14104@apple.Apple.COM> tecot@apple.apple.com.UUCP (Ed Tecot) writes:
>So, is there anyone out ther other than the author and myself who knows how
>to make that appear in the about box?
>						_emt

How 'bout a clue?

-Ofer

[----------------------------------------+----------------------------------]
[Ofer Melnik -- Rutgers University       ! "If its not in the computer,     ]
[               melnik@topaz.rutgers.edu !  it doesn't exist."              ]
[----------------------------------------+----------------------------------]

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (07/18/88)

In article <Jul.17.12.59.59.1988.15839@topaz.rutgers.edu> melnik@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ofer Melnik) writes:
>In article <14104@apple.Apple.COM> tecot@apple.apple.com.UUCP (Ed Tecot) writes:
>>So, is there anyone out ther other than the author and myself who knows how
>>to make that appear in the about box?
>>						_emt
>
>How 'bout a clue?

I just figured it out. I entered Macsbug, told it to break on calls to
GetNewDialog, and looked at the code. For more clues, press spacebar:

 Pay attention to the lines that say:

ADDI.L $34bc0,D0

and

LEA $023a(A5),A2

I hope that this doesn't spoil the fun for anyone!

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (07/21/88)

In article <14104@apple.Apple.COM> tecot@apple.apple.com.UUCP (Ed Tecot) writes:
>In article <8807141930.AA16727@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> JHC@VAX5.CCS.CORNELL.EDU ("James H. Cloos, Jr.") writes:
>>Check out STR# id -127 in Multifinder in the 6.0 distribution.
>>It has 3 strings in it, listed below, one string to a line:
>
>So, is there anyone out ther other than the author and myself who knows how
>to make that appear in the about box?
>
>Modifying MultiFinder is cheating.
>
>						_emt

Sure, hold down the About MultiFinder menu, and wait for *ONE* hour!

Jason Haines - President, Club Mac
Australia's largest Macintosh Users Group

Phone Home:  +61-2-73-1016
OZ Post:     Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
Internet:    clubmac@runx.ips.oz.au    UUCP: uunet!runx.ips.oz.au!clubmac

thecloud@pnet06.cts.com (Ken Mcleod) (07/26/88)

>So, is there anyone out ther other than the author and myself who knows how
>to make that appear in the about box?
>
>Modifying MultiFinder is cheating.

This may be considered cheating, but if you don't want to sit around
for an hour with the MultiFinder About box open, you can alter time
with Macsbug! Bring up the MultiFinder 6.0 About box, then hit the
interrupt switch. Try >sm 016A 0FFF and then >g. It doesn't last long,
so watch closely!

UUCP: {crash uunet}!pnet06!thecloud     :.     .:    Chief Weapons of UNIX:
ARPA: crash!pnet06!thecloud@nosc.mil   :::.. ..:::   "Fear, surprise, and
INET: thecloud@pnet06.cts.com             ////        ruthless efficiency."