[comp.sys.mac] OS Release 6.0.1

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (07/24/88)

	[ follow-ups will reach comp.sys.mac *ONLY*, by default ]

On Tuesday, this past week, the news-section of Computer Chronicles on
PBS contained a statement that Apple is expected to release OS Release
6.0.1 any day now;  it's purpose is to fix 18 or 19 bugs ...

from an article by Ed Tecot (tecot@Apple.COM) which just showed up here
in comp.sys.mac.programmers it sounds as if 6.0.1 has been released.

quote:  "It has been fixed in 6.0.1."

can anyone confirms this (and list the problems fixed by it so I can decide
if I have reason to move heaven and hell to get this release soonest)?

--
-------------------->PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS<---------------------
(INTERNET)	werner%rascal.ics.utexas.edu@cs.utexas.edu

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (07/27/88)

In article <2932@utastro.UUCP> werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) writes:
>from an article by Ed Tecot (tecot@Apple.COM) which just showed up here
>in comp.sys.mac.programmers it sounds as if 6.0.1 has been released.
>
>quote:  "It has been fixed in 6.0.1."

Sorry to be so misleading.  6.0.1 has not been released and I don't know
when it will be.  That statement was meant to be taken literally.  In
other words, I've already fixed the code, but I've said nothing about
the availability of the system.

						_emt