[comp.sys.mac] SuperSpool v5.0 finally released

kwan@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Andrew Kwan) (07/27/88)

I received SuperSpool v5.0 in the mail yesterday.  It is an INIT, and
comes with the Print Queue DA.  Briefly running it under System 5.0
MultiFinder, it does work, Print Queue will now allow you to preview
the page currently being printed, and it keeps printing even with
Pyro! running (although the bursts noticeably slow printing).
Functionality seems to be the same as v4.0.  All in all, seems pretty
nice.

SuperMac definitely deserves some ribbing though.  By my book, they
set the "standard" for vaporware by mailing out upgrade announcements
in April, saying that the upgrade was available (of course, it
wasn't).

Andrew Kwan

chapman@lll-lcc.aRpA (Carol Chapman) (07/28/88)

In article <881@orion.cf.uci.edu> kwan@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Andrew Kwan) writes:
>I received SuperSpool v5.0 in the mail yesterday.  It is an INIT, and
>comes with the Print Queue DA.  Briefly running it under System 5.0
>MultiFinder, it does work . . .

I could hardly wait to try this out, and then discovered that it won't
work with CE Software's EZ Menus installed.  I need a print spooler
more than I need EZ Menus, so I removed EZ Menus, but I'm sure not
happy about it.

>SuperMac definitely deserves some ribbing though.

I'll say!  I ordered this product in late January and just received it
yesterday!

carol chapman

Livermore Lab            (chapman@lll-crg.llnl.gov or chapman@lll-lcc.llnl.gov)
P.O. Box 808, L-153      Tel. (415) 423-7876
Livermore, CA  94550     "Never own anything that you have to FEED or PAINT."