[comp.sys.mac] Suitcase

pgn@osupyr.UUCP (Paul G. Nevai) (08/04/87)

Is Suitcase by Brecher available yet? Where can I get/buy it?

Please answer to pgn@osupyr.uucp

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (08/05/87)

In article <65@osupyr.UUCP>, pgn@osupyr.UUCP (Paul G. Nevai) writes:

> Is Suitcase by Brecher available yet? Where can I get/buy it?
>
> Please answer to pgn@osupyr.uucp
    From what I've heard it will be available in late August. Evidently
the software is done but the manuals haven't returned from the printers.
David

rudolph@intelisc.UUCP (David Rudolph) (07/28/88)

I've seen on the net that there is a new rev of Suitcase out.  Although I am
a registered owner, I have never received any information on the update.
I know there is a new owner of the product, but I have no idea how to
contact them.  Could someone send me a phone number?  Thanks.

--
David Rudolph           CSnet: rudolph%isc.intel.com

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (07/28/88)

I am a registered owner, and I got the upgrade notice only a couple
days ago, so be patient.  Fifth Generation Systems is now driving the
process, and are offering one or more of the following:
  Suitcase 1.3, no charge (upgrades to 1.2.4 have been posted as
        patches on the network);
  Suitcase 1.3 with Pyro!3.0, $10; and
  Suitcase 2.0 and free Pyro!3.0 (available in August), $25

Upgrade offer expires August 31, payment due with order, add $10
shipping outside U.S. and Canada, postage-paid (for U.S.) envelope
included with order form.

I opted for the first and third options, and I'll let people know when
they arrive.

I threw away the only piece of paper with Fifth Generation's address,
sorry; if you haven't got your upgrade form soon, look them up in a
recent MacWorld and get in touch with them.

	/JBL

Disclaimer: Only a customer.
UUCP: {backbone}!bbn!levin     USPS: BBN Communications Corporation
ARPA: levin@bbn.com                  150 Cambridgepark Drive
POTS: (617) 873-3463                 Cambridge, MA  02140

shane@chianti.cc.umich.edu (Shane Looker) (07/29/88)

In article <324@intelisc.UUCP> rudolph%isc.intel.com (David Rudolph) writes:
>I've seen on the net that there is a new rev of Suitcase out.  Although I am
>a registered owner, I have never received any information on the update.
>I know there is a new owner of the product, but I have no idea how to
>contact them.  Could someone send me a phone number?  Thanks.
>
>David Rudolph           CSnet: rudolph%isc.intel.com

I called Fifth Generation (Systems, Software?) last week.  I was told that
a mailing was going out to all registered owners of Suitcase.  They wern't
all going out at once but in rotation was the impression I have.  I'm
still waiting for my letter.

The Customer Service number for Fifth Generation is (504) 291-9953.  Please
don't flood them with calls about this though.

Shane Looker
Looker@um.cc.umich.edu

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (08/02/88)

The company that Steve Brecher sold Suitcase to (and he now works for) is:
Fifth Generation Systems, Inc. in Baton Rouge, La.  The headquarters phone
number is (504) 291-7221, the Technical Support number is (504) 291-9953.  The
sales office is in Tustin, Calif., and the number is (800) 225-2775.

Also, you should also know that because of popular demand, Pyro! (the
pyrotechnic screen saver) is now being sold SEPARATELY from Suitcase, and
retails for $24.95.  You will need System 4.1 or higher to use it.

I hope this proves helpful to all of you.

						Jim Collymore