[comp.sys.mac] PowerPoint on IBM?

bldflame@pnet06.cts.com (Stuart Burden) (08/05/88)

byronl@copper.SDP.TEK.COM (Byron Lunz) writes:
>Recently I left my MS-DOS world and PC clone to work on a
>special project where we were given Mac SE's running
>Microsoft Powerpoint.  I was very impressed with Powerpoint,
>but now I'm back in DOSland.
>
>Does anyone know of a program similar to Powerpoint which
>runs on an XT?  Mouse driven, object-oriented drawing,
>wide choice of fonts, and good text/word processing ability
>are the highest priorities.
>
>Thanks.

You might like to drop Microsoft a note and ask them.  I've just started to
use PowerPoint 2.0 for the Mac and it's pretty slick.  Microsoft have a
policy of making all things available on both environments (Windows/PM and
Macintosh), so I would think that they are at least considering it.

I don't know of anything on the PC that is currently equivelant.

Stu.

                    ______________
       -  -- ---  /  __________   /     "Now we send forth Jen.
          - ---  /  / #    #  /  /       Watch over his dangerous quest"
 -- -- --- -  /  /_________/  / ARPA: hodge!pnet06!bldflame@crash nosc.mil
   -- --- -- / #        ___  / UUCP: hodge.cts.com!pnet06!bldflame
 - --- - -  /---------------/ INET: bldflame@pnet06.cts.com
All of these opinions are mine and therefore a reflection of my own sanity
not necessarily that of anyone else on the face of this earth :-)