[comp.sys.mac] Joysticks revisited

rtb@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Todd) (08/09/88)

I have discovered two items of interest since my original posting.
One is that it is probably possible to have a joystick on the ADB
bus. The second is that there was indeed a joystick available for
the Macintosh pre-ADB mouse port. Thanks to all those that pointed
out the errors in my original posting. I have not been able to find
a joystick that is made to work on the ADB bus. If anyone knows of
one, please let me know so that I could try it out. I think an adapter
box that plugs in to the ADB bus and allows you to hook up either
old Apple proportional joysticks or the IBM proportional joysticks
would be great. This brings another question to mind. Apple II GS uses
the ADB bus,right? Do the joysticks that are used on the Apple II GS
plug into the ADB bus or a separate card? If the Apple II GS joysticks
use the ADB bus the we have the chicken(the hardware). Now all we need
is the egg(the software). If the Apple II GS joysticks use a separate card
I would be suprised. After all we already determined that the ADB bus
can handle a joystick, right?

R.T. Bradstrum

lriggins@afit-ab.arpa (L. Maurice Riggins) (08/09/88)

In article <5580@ihlpf.ATT.COM> rtb@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Todd) writes:
>I have discovered two items of interest since my original posting.
>One is that it is probably possible to have a joystick on the ADB
>bus. The second is that there was indeed a joystick available for
>the Macintosh pre-ADB mouse port. Thanks to all those that pointed
>out the errors in my original posting. I have not been able to find
>a joystick that is made to work on the ADB bus. If anyone knows of
>one, please let me know so that I could try it out. I think an adapter

MacConnection is advertising a New Kraft ADB Joystick for $39 (Sept MacUser).
Called them this morning and they are back-ordered two weeks on it.

Hope this helps ya,

--
Maurice      lriggins@afit-ab.ARPA

DISCLAIMER:  Opinions expressed here do not reflect those of my employer nor
             constitute an official position of any U.S.Government agency.