[comp.sys.mac] LSC and the 68030/68882

jcc@ut-emx.UUCP (J. Chris Cooley) (08/11/88)

* Note - Follow-Ups are going to comp.sys.mac only...  *

In article <3487@charon.unm.edu>, cn7gr8ag@ariel.unm.edu writes:
> I just recieved my upgrade of LSC 3.0.  Looks great so far.
> One question however:
>
> I just heard about a new 68030/68882 Mac II and I was just wondering
> if any knows or can speculate about how the LSC 3.0 code will run with
> the new Mac II ?

I read in PC Week that Apple doesn't want to introduce a '030 machine
as it may "cannibalize" sales of its other products.  The article
stated that Apple's position was to wait, since Mac II sales are still
strong.

I was hoping they WOULD introduce it, forcing a complete re-pricing, so
I could get the "archaic" II for a (much) lower price.

> Bill Rider

					--chris

--
J. Chris Cooley                      |     husc6! -\
Computation. Center (COM 1)          |      im4u! -->-cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!jcc