[comp.sys.mac] Dimmer + MacroMaker

joachim@iraul1.ira.uka.de (Joachim Lindenberg) (07/30/88)

I tried System 6.0, Dimmer 1.0 and MacroMaker, and the system will
freeze after a short time. It is granted to freeze, if you try to
select a menuitem in the Finder.

The combination System 5.0, Dimmer 1.0 and MacroMaker (of System 6.0)
works fine...

Btw, can anybody tell me the current version and status of Dimmer?
I tried to mail to Chris, but he didn't respond. Is it going to be
System Software, Freeware, Shareware, Commercial? Of course I'd
prefer the first possibility.

Joachim Lindenberg, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Karlsruhe
Sommerstrasse 4, 7500 Karlsruhe 1, Federal Republic of Germany

tecot@apple.UUCP (08/11/88)

In article <665@iraun1.ira.uka.de> joachim@iraul1.ira.uka.de (Joachim Lindenberg) writes:
>I tried System 6.0, Dimmer 1.0 and MacroMaker, and the system will
>freeze after a short time. It is granted to freeze, if you try to
>select a menuitem in the Finder.
>
>The combination System 5.0, Dimmer 1.0 and MacroMaker (of System 6.0)
>works fine...

This is a known problem in that version of Dimmer.

>Btw, can anybody tell me the current version and status of Dimmer?
>I tried to mail to Chris, but he didn't respond. Is it going to be
>System Software, Freeware, Shareware, Commercial? Of course I'd
>prefer the first possibility.

Dimmer is going commercial.  Chris is applying the finishing touches even
as we speak (metaphorically).

						_emt