[comp.sys.mac] Lock screen for Plus

djb@spacely.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Daniel J. Burns) (08/15/88)

I would like to know if there are any lock screen programs available
for the Mac under the Finder.  Such a program would prevent access to
the machine until the correct password was entered.

Thanks.  Please respond directly to me.  I will summarize if requested.

--
Dan Burns
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu (08/16/88)

There is a DA called LockOUT! by Beyond Software that will prompt for a
password and then lock up the Mac until the password is typed again. It was
PD, I think. You might check for Beyond's ads in major Mac mags (they make
MenuFonts).

Robert Brewer
    brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu
    {ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!brewer

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (08/17/88)

In article <17000131@clio> brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

>There is a DA called LockOUT! by Beyond Software that will prompt for a
>password and then lock up the Mac until the password is typed again. It was
>PD, I think. You might check for Beyond's ads in major Mac mags (they make
>MenuFonts).
>
>Robert Brewer
>    brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu
>    {ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!brewer

I recently downloaded a demo of Menufonts 2 from the Source.  The SIT that I
got included as well what was to all indications a full working copy of
LockOUT! and a floppy formatting utility.

My assumption therefore is that it is still PD.  If I can confirm that the
pack is ok for distribution I will upload it.

Josh

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104