[comp.sys.mac] Question for you BDC players !

hi@Portia.Stanford.EDU (Mustafa YILMAZ) (08/14/88)

When I open the Beyond Dark Castle game on MacII, It gives the following
message and quits (But no problem in MacSE):

"You must set the main screen to"
"two colors (using the Control  "
"Panel) before running Beyond   "
"Dark Castle                    "

First I thought it doesn't work in multiple colors and changed the color
to black and white. It still didn't work and gave the same message.

Does anybody know what the problem is ?

Mustafa YILMAZ
mustafa@ararat.Stanford.Edu

mkao@crash.cts.com (Mike Kao) (08/17/88)

In article <3314@Portia.Stanford.EDU> hi@portia.UUCP (Mustafa YILMAZ) writes:

>When I open the Beyond Dark Castle game on MacII, It gives the following
>message and quits (But no problem in MacSE):
>
>"You must set the main screen to"
>"two colors (using the Control  "
>"Panel) before running Beyond   "
>"Dark Castle                    "
>
>First I thought it doesn't work in multiple colors and changed the color
>to black and white. It still didn't work and gave the same message.
>
>Does anybody know what the problem is ?
>
>Mustafa YILMAZ
>mustafa@ararat.Stanford.Edu

You must set it to TWO COLORS; it doesn't matter whether it's black and white
or color, because BDC requires the 2-color mode, not gray-scales or color.

--

To insure my reception of any replies, please respond via e-mail. Thanks!

                                                                  -- Mike Kao

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.mil
INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM