[comp.sys.mac] How To Print Postscript Picture

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (08/18/88)

	I have a number of Postscript-format pictures on my VAX
computer, and I would like to print them out.  I have access to a Mac
Plus with an Imagewriter II, and a Mac II with some kind of Laserwriter
(in another city).

	I know a lot about computers, but almost nothing about the
Mac specifically.  My questions are:

(1)	How can I print out the pictures on the Laserwriter?  Do
	I simply download a picture to the Mac and then dump
	it to the printer?  How do I do the dump?

(2)	Is it possible to print the pictures on the Imagewriter II?

	I do not read this newsgroup (obviously... :-)), so please
send any answers by E-MAIL ONLY.  Thanks very much for your help!
--
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP			UUCP
		barrett@cs.jhu.edu	(128.220.13.4)	ARPA

John_Heckendorn@mailcom.UUCP (John Heckendorn) (08/24/88)

There was an article in the latest (Aug 22nd) InfoWorld about a company announcing and shipping a product which works on any UNIX machine and enables PostScript printing.  Don't know more than that, however.
--- TBBS v2.0
 * Origin: The BMUG BBS - home of MUGADMIN - Berkeley, CA (161/444)
SEEN-BY: 161/444 204/444

Mailcom, FidoNet: 1:204/444  UUCP: ...!sun!sunncal!mailcom!User_Name
INTERNET:  sunncal!mailcom!User_Name@Sun.COM