[comp.sys.mac] StuffIt 1.5 on comp.binaries.mac

jjb@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Jeremy J. Bornstein) (08/21/88)

While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete:  the final lines were shorter than the
normal line length for binhexed files; also the "End of part x" tag was
missing.  Would someone be kind enough to send me parts 1 and 2 of StuffIt 1.5?
Much thanks, in advance.

-jeremy bornstein

normt@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) (08/23/88)

In article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu>, jjb@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Jeremy J. Bornstein) writes:
> While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
> of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete:  the final lines were shorter than the
> -jeremy bornstein

Here at Bell Labs, Indian Hill both machines that I have accounts on
have this problem with part 1 only. Part 2 is complete and if anyone
needs part 2, send me e-mail and I will send it to you. Otherwise,
it seems that there is wide spread destruction of part 1. So a
reposting seems to be in order.

	Norm Tiedemann		Room IH 2G-331
	ihnp4!ihlpa!normt	AT&T Bell Labs
(I guess now att!ihlpa...)	Naperville, IL
					 60566

sbb@esquire.UUCP (Stephen B. Baumgarten) (08/23/88)

In article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu> jjb@husc4.UUCP (Jeremy J. Bornstein) writes:
>While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
>of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete:  the final lines were shorter than the
>normal line length for binhexed files; also the "End of part x" tag was
>missing.  Would someone be kind enough to send me parts 1 and 2 of StuffIt 1.5?
>Much thanks, in advance.
>
>-jeremy bornstein

We missed StuffIt part 2, so could whatever nice person sends parts 1 and 2
to Jeremy also send part 2 to me?  Thanks very much...

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."

In article <9079@ihlpa.ATT.COM>, normt@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) writes:
> In article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu>, jjb@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Jeremy J. Bornstein) writes:
> > While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
> > of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete:  the final lines were shorter than the
> Here at Bell Labs, Indian Hill both machines that I have accounts on
> have this problem with part 1 only. Part 2 is complete and if anyone
> needs part 2, send me e-mail and I will send it to you. Otherwise,
> 	Norm Tiedemann		Room IH 2G-331

To follow up my own posting, I now have part 1 in its entirety, (Thanks
Steve Dorner) and in any case I now have all the parts "xbinable" without
errors. If any one needs any part send me e-mail and I will try and
get them to you.

What wonderful response time, I said I didn't have it in the morning
and by the time the afternoon was over I had it.

	Norm Tiedemann		Room IH 2G-331
	att!ihlpa!normt		AT&T Bell Labs
	normt@ihlpa.att.com	Naperville, IL
					 60566

arcarese@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (John C Arcarese) (08/23/88)

The copy of StuffIt I D/L'ed got zonked when I tried using BinHex on it.
Could some kind soul please email me parts 1 & 2.  Thanks,
							John A.

gs@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (G.Samson) (08/23/88)

In article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu> jjb@husc4.UUCP (Jeremy J. Bornstein) writes:
>While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
>of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete

We had the same problem at this site.  Repost?

-Gary Samson

bruceh@mntgfx.mentor.com (Bruce Holm) (08/24/88)

In article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu>, jjb@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Jeremy J. Bornstein) writes:
> While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
> of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete:  the final lines were shorter than the
> normal line length for binhexed files; also the "End of part x" tag was
> missing.  Would someone be kind enough to send me parts 1 and 2 of StuffIt 1.5?

Our site had the same problem.  Could someone please send us parts 1 and 2 of
StuffIt 1.5 to us as well?  Thanks very much.

--Bruce

Bruce Holm                 |      USENET: bruceh@pdx.MENTOR.COM
Mentor Graphics Corp.      |        UUCP: ...!mntgfx!bruceh
(503) 626-7000             |

kardel@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Frank Kardel) (08/26/88)

From article <5145@husc6.harvard.edu>, by jjb@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Jeremy J. Bornstein):
> While joining the various parts of StuffIt 1.5, I noticed that the ends
> of segments 1 and 2 were incomplete: ....

It seems to me that this distribution (Parts one and two being incomplete) has
reached Europe. It might be worth considering a repost of parts 1 and 2.

Please don't send me any part via email (expensive) - I'd rather wait for
a repost !

Frank Kardel
Disclaimer: Still under construction - so watch this space !
email from US: ..!pyramid!fauern!faui44!kardel
email from EUROPE: ..!unido!fauern!faui44!kardel