[comp.sys.mac] Mfinder About Box

news@amdcad.AMD.COM (Network News) (08/25/88)

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) writes:

>[...]             Apple's engineers had to keep adding patches to the SYSTEM
>software to ensure that Microsofts code would run!

Remember the Multifinder about box which was "edited" at the insistence
of Apple's legal department?

"Special Effects . . . . . XXXXXXXXX"  (Guess which software company
					they meant...)

[Yes, I've seen the unedited list.  No I won't tell.  I can't afford lawyers.]

-Jim Hayes                         Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Sunnyvale CA.
                                   hayes@amdcad.amd.com
/earth: file system full           {ucbvax|sun|decwrl}!amdcad!hayes
These are not opinions of AMD.     Work: (408) 749-5726  Home: (408) 733-9814

atchison@hpindda.HP.COM (Lee Atchison) (08/27/88)

>/ hpindda:comp.sys.mac / gillies@p.cs.uiuc.edu /  7:59 am  Aug 19, 1988 /
>Wasn't Excel released for 128K machines?

No, Excel when it was first released required 512k (I know, it was because
of wanting to run Excel that I originally upgraded by 128k machine).

I happen to like Excel.  I've only run into one bug with it and that
is apparently fixed in a version that I don't own yet......

>Don Gillies, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Illinois
>1304 W. Springfield, Urbana, Ill 61801
>ARPA: gillies@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP: {uunet,ihnp4,harvard}!uiucdcs!gillies

----
Lee Atchison
Hewlett Packard, Business Networks Division
Cupertino, CA 95014
atchison%hpindda@hplabs.hp.com